Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Set goals to achieve the life you desire

My main focus for 2013 is to create the life that I desire and one way I plan to do this is by setting attainable goals.

In 2011, I seriously began to set goals and to work on pursuing my dreams. I first began doing this in September of 2011 when I set out to obtain a GPA of a 3.7 at my new school. As time progressed and 2012 eventually came, I had accomplished that goal and I began to see that if I continued to set attainable goals and focus my time and energy on their completion, then it was entirely possible for me to live the life that I desired.


I did many creative things to help me attain my goals during 2012. For example, my goal of becoming more fit (I have always been an athletic person, but I decided that working out had to become more than just a hobby) was attained because I would cut pictures of running shoes and athletic women out of magazines and hang them from the ceiling of my dorm just above my bed so that the first images I saw when I went to sleep and when I woke up were of those things that illustrated a fit life. Overtime, I grew to be one of the fittest girls in all of my dance classes and being fit became a huge part of my lifestyle.

Another technique that I used to obtain my goals in 2012 was journaling. Keeping a journal helped me to assess how close I was to accomplishing my goals and it also allowed me to see what things I could do to help me see my goals completed. Journaling forced me to be honest with myself. When I wanted to grow healthier and longer hair, I was forced to admit that I hadn't been taking care of my hair for a long time. By reviewing the journal entries in which I wrote about my hair care, I was able to identify what was working and what wasn't. I was able to grow my hair longer than it has been in quite some time and I am still working on attaining the ultimate completion of that goal through reflection and journaling.

One final technique (that I still need to work on) which allowed me to accomplish goals in 2012 is visualization. I used this technique to help me clarify what I wanted for my life. Sometimes we think that we want a certain something in our lives, but if we truly sit and visualize that something coming into our lives or happening to us, we might be surprised at what we may feel about that something when we truly visualize it in our mind's eye. Visualization also allows a person to see their goals as if they were already obtained and it persuades that person to continue at their attempts to complete their goal in the present.
In 2013, I plan to continue focusing my efforts and energy on those things that I desire for my life. Any goal that I set I am able of achieving as long as it is reasonable, able to be done in the time I set out to complete it and if I give my full attention to its completion.
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment